Thursday, June 4, 2020

Really Easy Blackcurrant buns

So I've been trying to eat out of the freezer recently and it's amazing what I've found down in the bottom of  that very deep freeze...... Last week I found some home grown belly pork and we haven't even kept pigs for five years!  Needles to say "waste not want not" and after a long and slow cook we had delicious melting belly pork with crunchy crackling, mm-mm..... Anyway, this weeks frozen treasure was some blackcurrants.  I gently stewed some with a little sugar to sweeten to have with my porridge for breakfast but kept some back to make these really easy blackcurrant buns as a lovely tea-time treat.


Ingredients
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1 1/2 cups S.R flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup blackcurrants
Demerara sugar

* Line a muffin tray with 12 small paper cases.  
* Gently whisk egg, milk and oil together to combine.
* Add sugar and mix.
* Sift flour and salt and fold into the mixture.
* Fold in the blackcurrants.
* Spoon into the paper cases and sprinkle with a little demerara sugar.
* Cook at Gas 6 for 20 mins






 

No comments:

Post a Comment